LCCC Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds Application
Luzerne County Community College students who have faced unexpected educational expenses or experienced financial hardship directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic may apply for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds. Per the U.S. Department of Education, these grants may be used by students to pay for any component of the student’s cost of attendance, education, and/or emergency costs that arise or have arisen due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or childcare. Please complete this application only for approved expenses directly related to COVID-19. Funding is limited and will be provided on a first-come-first-serve basis. Completing this form does not guarantee funding availability.
How much can each eligible student expect to receive?
The College's distribution plan is guided by guidelines from the U.S. Department of Education which gives priority to those with exceptional financial need as determined by their FAFSA expected family contribution (EFC). Students with exceptional need will receive a larger grant award than students without demonstrated exceptional need. Generally, full-time students with exceptional need will receive $1000. The College defines exceptional need as a Pell-eligible with $0 EFC, as determined by the student’s 2021-22 FAFSA. If a student does not have a 2021-22 FAFSA on file, that student will receive the amount designated for students with an EFC greater than $0. All grant applicants will be notified of their eligibility upon submission of the application. Please know that receiving this emergency grant will not reduce your financial aid and repayment is not required.
Grants are available to students who meet these criteria:
- Credit, degree-seeking student
- Enrolled in at least one course in a degree, diploma, or certificate program in the semester for which you apply to receive the grant.
- Student must have incurred an emergency expense due to COVID-19, subsequent to December 27, 2020.
* * * * * * * * * * PLEASE NOTE * * * * * * * * * *
- This grant is awarded only one time per qualified applicant for each enrolled (FA/2021, IN/2022, SP/2022) semester.
- Disbursement will happen after the beginning of the semester you applied for (2nd week for Spring and 3rd day for Winter.)
If you registered for classes today, please submit this application tomorrow.
Please enter the following:
Date of Birth:
Semester: *You MUST be enrolled in this semester